The camp is a vital source of income and employment for the community and is a proud achievement for all.
The Shewula Mountain Camp straddles the 500 metre high Lubombo Mountains with a 100 km panoramic view of Swaziland encompassing nearby Mbuluzi and Mlawula, and Hlane game parks. Maputo can be seen on clear day at 100km away view. The camp is 20 minutes away from the Lomahasha border.
The camp has been in operation since 2000 and is ideal for cultural tourists, families, nature lovers, backpackers and those simply looking for a getaway from the bustle of city life. While at the camp, guests will be enamored with the cultural music and dance, dazzled by the gorgeous sunsets, relaxed by the spectacular nature walks, and challenged by a mountain bike trip around the plateau.
- A boma (open communal area) with a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, store room and a separate ablution facility with flush toilets and hot showers.
- Facilities for self-catering meals as well as traditional menu prepared by the friendly camp staff. You may as well join the camp staff in preparing these mouthwatering Swazi menus which adds to your community experience.
- Paraffin lanterns to light the darkness of the night. The camp chooses to leave the rondavels without electricity to enhance the traditional Swazi experience.
- Comfortable bedding for a good night's sleep.
- A refrigerator for storing your perishables.
- A camping ground that can take at least 30 people
- Car Parking
- Meeting Room(s)
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Non-Smoking rooms/floors
- Daily Housekeeping
- Orientation - Botanical
- Orientation - Cultural
- Room Service
- Security Guard (24 hrs)
- Vehicle Hire/Car Rental can be arranged