After a day out in the hot African bush, return to a bird-rich riverine forest camp and enjoy an ice-cold drink beneath the giant sausage tree before retiring to a unique and luxurious semi-open stone and thatch cottage to drift off to sound of the bush.
Mkhaya is staffed and patrolled entirely by Swazis from neighbouring communities and currently boasts what is arguably Africa's most effective anti-poaching unit. It is totally self-financing through visitor revenues and your support is greatly appreciated as a means of sustaining this unique international conservation effort.
Entry to the park must be booked in advance and guests are met at the pick-up point at either 10am or 4pm according to their package itinerary. Overnight guests are also requested to pack a weekender or overnight bag for their stay at Mkhaya.
A trip to Mkhaya is a trip into Real Africa - a soul enriching, quality experience you'll never forget. Don't miss out, book today!
Stone Camp Mkaya Lodge is well located in the lowveld towards the south border in the Kingdom of Swaziland, its an ideal place to make an unforgatable stop on your way out of the country or also its a great place to stop right after you enter Swaziland and this can be a true Swazi welcome.
You can visit the Village of kaphunga which can also give the best insite of the Swazi people how they live.
But if you just want to relax and be intouch with the nature this is the perfect place for you , you basically have all you need around you.
This is the unique place in the whole of Swaziland where you will also not ony find peace and quieness but also you will be surrounded by nature while you are enjoying your stay in Swaziland.
Hotel Address: Mlilwane, Ezulwini
Distance +-96 km; approx driving time1hr.
• Travel 66km to Big Bend and continue towards Manzini.
• Travel approximately 30 km on this road, you will reach Phuzamoya.
• Turn right at sign to Mkhaya Game Reserve (Phuzumoya) and park behind the small shop. This is the Mkhaya meeting point, where you will be met by an Mkhaya guide/ranger, who will then accompany you into the park.
• If you get to Siphofaneni - you have gone too far and will have to turn back 6kms.
• Please do not drive further without a guide as the gates are kept locked.
General speed limit is 8km/hr and 60km/hr in towns
Meeting times are 10am and 4pm (10am meeting time for day tour)