Teaching Opportunities for Volunteers
Teachers are required as volunteers for-
- Helping and training the secretary and the head teacher on basic computer skills and office procedures
- Designing a program to help the children to speak and practice the English language both in class and outside class
- Teaching English to Grade 3 pupils and assisting teachers with their workload
- Assisting the Deputy principle to teach Science
- Landscaping and general maintenance in and around the school
- Artistic and musical classes to enhance skills
- Someone with experience to sort out the library and also to arrange the books so that the kids can enjoy them
- Assistance with the daily serving of food to the children at break time
Accommodation will be provided in the rural Village of kaPhunga. You will be living in traditional Swazi beehive huts. www.swaziculturaltours.com
All transport will be provided. You will be collected from the airport and taken to the village. For the excursions you will be travelling with us and volunteers from other projects.
The In Country Orientation
In country orientation will be provided on arrival by Myxo from Wozanawe Cultural Tours. This will include Swazi culture and tradition, do’s and don’t’s, presentations from the principle and teachers, a tour of the village where you will meet those you will be helping and basic siSwati language training. siSwati Language training will be for one hour per day over a period of 5 days. Whilst English is the official business language in Swaziland it can make a big difference in developing relationships with people if you have the siSwati basics as English is not widely spoken in the rural areas. A language manual will be sent to you prior to your arrival so that you have the chance to begin practising before you get to Swaziland.
kaPhunga is renowned for its stunning sunsets and breathtaking vistas and is of historical importance in Swazi and Zulu folklore. Many of the locals still live in accordance with many long-held traditions, practicing time-honoured Swazi methods for farming and traditional architecture and living within customary Swazi culture.
This is a unique opportunity that has been rated by others travellers as one of the highlights during their time in Swaziland.
Total cost is R14.500.00
* Breakfast and dinner 7 days a week
* Accommodation in traditional beehive huts
* In country orientation
Optional additional week (not included in costs)
* 3 night / 3 day visit to Kruger National Park or Mozambique
The cost excludes:
* Travel/medical insurance
* Optional 3 night / 3 day visit to Kruger National Park or Mozambique
All the fees should be paid in full one month in advance.
Payment can be made by credit card. Card details must be sent via email to confirm the booking or calling +268 76426780for security reasons.
Bank Transfers can be done into the following Bank details.
Woza Nawe Campsite And Tours- Account Holder
Account Number- 0140019666801
Branch Code – 66 50 64
SWIFT Address- SB IC SZ MX
Bank Name – Standard Bank, Manzini
Telephone- 0268 502411
* A unique opportunity to live and work in a different culture in a third world country
* The chance to further enhance your own professional and personal skills and knowledge within a developing country
* The opportunity to make a meaningful contribution by helping strengthen the capacity of the local education system
What other information do I need to know?
The only cell phone network provider is MTN. Sim cards and air time are readily available at numerous outlets.
PS: Myxo can arrange for you a very cheap way to call home and be in touch with your family.
Whilst much of Swaziland is malaria free, anti malaria medication is recommended for the low veld and Mozambique. It is available in the country.
The official currency is the Lilangeni (the plural is emalageni). It is pegged to the value of the South African rand and rands (with the exception of coins,) can be used in Swaziland and Mozambique. There are numerous ATMs and rands can be obtained from local banks.
Optional Additional Week
An additional, optional week can be spent touring the Kruger National Park (South Africa) or Mozambique.
All interested individuals should book ahead for the Kruger Park tour and all the details of the tour can be sent on request. This extra week is not included in the costs of the volunteer program.